Whatever your garden design needs there is a service to help you make the most of your garden. All services are tailored to meet your specific needs to help bring your garden dreams to life.
After an initial site visit full guidance of the best services to meet can be identified and a quote provided to support you.
Full design service
This service supports you from first meeting to last plant installed. A typical design may involve the following phases:
- Site survey and analysis including soil analysis
- Concept plan with material and planting approaches fully explored
- Final plans to enable detailed quotes or tenders from contractors may include:
- detailed layout plans,
- construction detailing,
- Planting plans,
- Maintenance schedules
- project monitoring.
Idea & Inspiration plans
This interactive service is a unique approach offered by the designer to take you from a blank page to an idea to develop your garden needs. This is an ideal service for smaller gardens and can be offered as a Gift voucher for that unique gift.
The initial meeting will establish if your needs will work with this approach. The following stages make up a typical “Ideas & Inspiration” plan:
On site meeting of 2-4 hours includes:
- Basic measure up
- Exploration of your needs, loves and hates for your garden using a series of mood boards
- Development of an outline Ideas plan. This takes place in front of you and with you very much involved as the design idea evolves
Off site, following the “Ideas” meeting:
- Site drawn up using a computer package
- Design “Idea” is developed to ensure it is achievable.
- A concept plan is drawn and labelled with all the information discussed at the meeting.
- Accompanying notes cover any other information provided during the meeting to guide you in building the garden
This service averages 10-15 hours and is charged at an hourly rate including travel time.
Help is on hand to demystify all aspects of gardening from: pruning, pests and diseases, developing a productive garden, rejuvenating an overgrown garden, guidance on encouraging wildlife and how to implement a wild flower meadow.
One-off or seasonal advisory visits can be arranged with full follow up notes to help your or your gardener put the advice into practice.
Personal tailored on site training sessions to guide you through pruning and other horticultural techniques is a fun way to help make the most of an existing garden. This may involve several short sessions to match the seasonal tasks required in your garden.
Quotes provided for each service with a clear timetable of support.
Plant sourcing & supply
If you are trying to locate a particular plant or want plants to complete a planting scheme then quotes to supply and deliver are available.
Where possible plants are sourced from smaller specialist UK nurseries or via Mayfield Horticultural therapy project, supported by MIND, based in Southampton.
Commercial and community landscape design
The Designer has experience of working with a wide variety of other disciplines and organisations and is enjoys working in collaboration to meet the needs of a wide range of jobs. Designs that will benefit the lives of the people it is intended for are at the heart of all of my work whether domestic, commercial or community projects. Call to discuss your business needs.
Past experience includes:
- Dementia care home gardens
- Hospital physiotherapy gardens
- Memorial gardens
- A small parish council owned public park
- School garden
- Pub gardens
All drawings are compatible with CAD.
Detailed quotes can be provided following a site visit and meeting with key stakeholders to fully understand design intent.